The Differences between EN-115-2008 and EN-115-2017 StandardThe final version of the escalator and moving walks standard is EN 115-1:2017 which was approved by the Technical Committee CEN/TC 10, and superseded EN 115-1:2008+A1:2010. And this version became a national standard by January 2018. The committee is a secretariat of AFNOR for Lifts, escalators and moving walks and created the replacement standard due to a number of safety and upgrade issues in the previous document. They withdrew all other conflicting standards by January 2019.
The issues and need for changes EN115-2008 to EN-115-2017 were because of the following:
- Enhancing safety as proven technology upgrades
- Creating the following changes according to the latest technology:
- A new structure for electric requirements taking into consideration protection, safety and control devices & functions
- Step inserts and fixings requirements
- Expansion of operational breaks by electrical brakes
- Skirting test material updating
- Inclusion of Fire protection & stop switch indicator
- Introduction of inspection control actuated by use of both hand
- Introduction of 2-direction mode
- Description of barriers to prevent access of trolley
- Requirements for fixed devices in unrestricted areas
- Including of seismic design requirements
- Incorporation of essential health and safety requirements from the relevant EU Directives
- Solving reported errors of previous version
- Clarification of the content and use of proposals resulting from interpretation request
- Improvement of references to other standards according to the progress in that field
- Adaption to CEN Guide 414:2014
How do you rate this article?
Please Wait ...
It May Take a Few Minutes
Sign In To Your Personal Account