Article 19- Requirements of Escalator Steps & Moving walk PalletsThe step or pallet is a part that the users stand on. A step has horizontal and vertical plates, like stairs, and is used in escalators but a pallet has only a horizontal plate, laid beside others and is used in moving walks. The standard guidelines for the escalator steps and moving walk pallets are as below:
- The step tread surface must have a maximum tolerance of ± 1°.
- Tread surfaces must provide suitable foothold for user safety.
- The step and pallet thread surface must have grooves in the direction of movement, which pass through the comb teeth.
- Step risers must be cleated and the surface of the cleat must be smooth.
- The cleating of the step riser must mesh with the previous steps tread ends.
- Step treads, step risers or pallets must not have grooves on the finishing of side edges.
- The edge between the surface of the step tread and riser must have any sharpness relieved.
How do you rate this article?
Please Wait ...
It May Take a Few Minutes
Sign In To Your Personal Account